Entourage 2008 Calendar Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jonbravo77, Dec 9, 2008.

1. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

I hope this is the right pace for this post. I am working with Entourage 2008 and noticed that when I try to put in a new calendar entry the dates are all screwed up. When I try to tell it to let's say do todays date it will revert back to some funky date in the past, I also get the "this event occurs in the past" message.

I made a new user and switched to it, opened Entourage and everything works great. No date issues what-so-ever. Anyone else experience this? Any ideas of what I can do?

Thank you very much...

2. nadyne macrumors 6502a

First, make sure you're up-to-date with all of your Entourage updates. We released 12.1.5 today, which includes some time zone updates.

When you send a new email to someone, what date is on the email? Is it the correct one, or is it an old one?

You've checked your system date to make sure that it's on the correct date, right?

When you say that you created a new user, are you talking about a new OS X user, or a new identity in Entourage? If it's the latter, the easiest thing to do is probably just to switch to using that new identity. You can move everything over to your new identity pretty easily. If it's the former, that makes me feel like there's something going on wrong with your OS user account somehow.

Regards,
    Nadyne.

3. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

Nadyne, when will that update be available for download?

4. nadyne macrumors 6502a

12.1.5 is available right now. If it's not showing up in AutoUpdate, you can go to our [url="http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx]download page[/url] and download it manually.

(Microsoft populates the web servers with downloads first, and later the AutoUpdate servers. They're usually available on both servers on the same day, but sometimes it takes an extra few hours for all of the AutoUpdate servers to get it.)

Regards,
    Nadyne.

5. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

Thanks, wasn't on auto, but got it manually. 100+ mb good size update :D

6. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Yup, it's a combo update: it's got everything from 12.1.1-12.1.5. So it's a big one. :)

7. jonbravo77 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

Thanks for the response. The system is showing the correct date. And when I was talking about accounts I did the new Entourage identity but it was doing the same thing. I then created a new User Account and logged into that and Entourage was just fine. I will try the update to see if that does anything.

If it is the OS User Account itself, if anyone has any tips on moving everything over to a new OS User Account such as settings and all that is needed that would be great. Never done that before..

Again, thank you for the help... :)

8. jonbravo77 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

Well, problem solved. After doing some looking around I found a forum that someone else had the same issue. After he talked to Microsoft (which I could not) it turns out that it had to do with how my computer date format is. Entourage only likes the "Medium length" format under System Pref/Dat & Time/ etc.

So, thank god. was not my User Folder after all, don't have to go out back and blow up my machine because M$ screwed me again...

I do appreciate the feedback though. Maybe this can be placed somewhere for future reference just in case someone else has this same issue...