Entourage 2008 Database Rebuild Fail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lriingen, Feb 8, 2010.

1. lriingen macrumors newbie

My Entourage database failed. Tried rebuilding it as flagged but it still failed. Anyone care to help me find an option? Tried using a different identity and restoring the old one but still fail to boot the database.

I saw that my database is 12GB. I can't even transfer it to an external drive. I have not tried asking the Microsoft guys for fear of getting useless advise. Sorry for being too cynical but I should have stuck it out with Apple Mail.

2. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Well, as a Microsoft girl and not a gu y, hopefully I won't provide you useless advice. :)

The best non-MS source of information about databases is the Entourage-talk mailing list. Lots of Entourage experts hang out there. Post as many details about your problem as you can recall: which version of Entourage you're using (not just Entourage 2008, but 12.2.3), which OS you're using, what kind of data is in your database, what kind(s) of accounts you connect to (POP, IMAP, Exchange), etc.

You especially want to look for Diane Ross on that mailing list, because she is absolutely amazing when it comes to database issues. She'll be able to provide you with a lot of do-it-yourself advice, and I believe she has a consulting service if you want to let her get your data out of your database.

If you want to give my colleagues a go, we do have dedicated Entourage support people who know their stuff (I've met them, they're awesome), and you get two free calls to our tech support with your purchase of Office 2008. you can get the right phone number for your region here.

Regards,
    Nadyne.