Entourage 2008 freezes when rebuilding database

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by francescaac, Jan 13, 2010.

1. francescaac macrumors newbie

I am using Entourage 2008 on Snow Leopard. I deleted folders in Entourage and when I tried to delete them from the "deleted items" folder, Entourage crashed. I force quit and then tried to rebuild the database, but that also froze. Restarted the computer and was able to open the "rebuild database" window but it keeps freezing at step 5 when I try to rebuild database. :eek:
    Any suggestions?

2. nadyne macrumors 6502a

It sounds like your identity has gotten damaged. As a first pass to verify that this is true, I would create a new identity in Entourage, add in your account details, and see if it works. If it does, then it means that your identity is damaged, and your next step is likely to get your data out of your old identity and into the new one.

I think that your best bet is to post this question on the Entourage forum, which is where lots of Entourage experts hang out. They can provide you with advice about how to proceed through each step.

Regards,
    Nadyne.