Entourage 2008 mac exchange server work

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pracko, Aug 25, 2010.

1. pracko macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I am looking for some guidance. Work were terribly nice to me last week and bought me a macbook pro 13". I have owned apple products for years and finally bent their ears. I am now becoming stuck though.

In entourage I have set up my account through the LAN at my workplace, but when looking to update my emails at home over my wifi network, it wont connect. Can any body help with this.

Also I would like to access my documents and root folders from my profile on the XP work network, without running Parrealells or bootcamp (as I dont want to install XP on this machine).

Basically I would like my mac to do everything my profile does at work, but on the OSX platform...

Can anyone help me, Thanks in advance!

2. ReggaeFire macrumors 6502

You'll probably need to be connected to your companies VPN to access your email from home, your IT department can help you with this.

As for accessing your file shares, again, you'll need to be connected to your VPN and have file sharing enabled on your XP box, then you will be able to connect to it the same way you connect to any file sharing machine.