Entourage 2008: not all messages syncing on machines

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sparkie7, Aug 6, 2009.

1. sparkie7 macrumors 68000

sparkie7

I have a 17 MBP and a Mac Pro. Been away for 2 months traveling using my Entourage etc.. Just got back y'day and booted up my Mac Pro which also has Entourage installed. I noticed today that most messages downloaded and got updated to sync with what was on my MBP. Pretty normal one would think as I use IMAP, so all messages should be identical as they are downloading from the same email server. However I noticed that at least 2 messages from 2 weeks ago did not download and refresh in the inbox list. I noticed this b/c I was looking for the attachments from a particular person. Did a search using the "From" field. And could not find them.

They're there on my MBP, but not my MP. Whats going on :confused:

I have tried command+L and send & receive several times, but no luck.

Any ideas?

2. nadyne macrumors 6502a

I wonder if you've got your account set up to not download big messages. To check this, open up your account settings for your IMAP account, and then click on the Advanced tab. Make sure that the "partially receive messages over (x) KB" box isn't checked.

Regards,
    Nadyne.

3. sparkie7 thread starter macrumors 68000

sparkie7

I couldn't find the "partially receive messages over.. [set at 100 KB]" under the Advanced tab. Its under Options.

Quit out. And launched again.

Then did command+L to refresh list.

But no luck :(

Any other ideas?

4. nadyne macrumors 6502a

On the same tab in your account settings, is "always download complete message bodies" also checked?

Regards,
    Nadyne.

5. sparkie7 thread starter macrumors 68000

sparkie7

Yes it is.

Here's the screen shots of the two account settings..

anything amiss :confused:

Attached Files:

6. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Hmm, your settings look the same as for my IMAP account, so I'm mostly at a loss now -- but I'm not hugely experienced in IMAP, so it's not hard to hit the limit of my knowledge.

I think that you should take one of the following two options:

1. Call Microsoft tech support. You get two free calls with your purchase of Office 2004 or Office 2008. To get the right phone number for your area, start off at support.microsoft.com.

2. Try the Entourage product forums. Lots of Entourage experts hang out there, and they might be better able to help you out.

Regards,
    Nadyne.

7. sparkie7 thread starter macrumors 68000

sparkie7