Entourage 2008, "On My Computer" account

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by speedbumpnv, Jan 21, 2009.

1. speedbumpnv macrumors regular

what is the "On My Computer" account in Entourage? can i get rid of it? the account i use is using Exchange and appears as a separate account in the side bar menu. can someone explain the difference between my email account and the "On My Computer"?

specifically, when i try to make a group with my contacts that are located within my Exchange account, it places the group in the address book under "On My Computer" and i can not get it into the contact list where i draw the contacts from.

2. nadyne macrumors 6502a

"On My Computer" is where you can locally save stuff (email, calendar, address book, etc). If your Exchange account has limits (which mine does!), or if you don't want to keep all of your contacts in your Exchange address book, then this allows you to have stuff that's not on there but is still visible in Entourage.

Are you talking about creating an Exchange distribution list? If so, Entourage 2008 doesn't support that.

Regards,
    Nadyne.