Entourage 2008 > Search > Nothing

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by sjsutton, Jul 22, 2011.

1. sjsutton macrumors member

After upgrading to Lion I've noticed on 3 mac (running Entrourage 2008) that the serach function within Entourage is not working. Also, using Spotlight results nothing.
    I've verified and rebuilt the database, still nothing. Anyone else experiencing this?

2. lion101 macrumors newbie

Same Here

I am having the same problem and so is my colleague

3. liongrrr macrumors newbie

Entourage 2008 > Search > Nothing

I have the same issue. It may have to do with Spotlight indexing the contents of your computer. Click on the Search icon in the top right of the screen. I get the following message "Search results may not include all matches until Spotlight finishes indexing the contents of your computer." Mine has 12 hours remaining, so it may resolve itself. I eagerly await completion. I use Entourage 2008 search often.

4. Mad101daN macrumors member

Same here and my spotlight has finished indexing.

Anyone found a way round this?

5. Killerbob macrumors 6502a

I did a blank install of Lion, and then migrated from TC. All search in Entourage 2008 (12.3.0) works fine.

Bo

6. fizz-fazz macrumors newbie

Same issue on upgrade to Lion

Entourage search nor Spotlight search work for Entourage email messages since a Lion upgrade. This was not on the MS list of known issues: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2586538

Anyone found a workaround yet? This is killer.:mad:

7. dumontr macrumors newbie

Entourage 2008 - Search nothing

I have the same issue, working before Lion was installed and now no search facility at all. Spotlight seems ok though and finds Entourage messages. Any news ?

8. Minicube macrumors regular

Same problem here; only on one computer out of 12. I migrated the account (via a TM backup) to a different computer and still have the same problem there, so it must be an internal Entourage issue. Search in spotlight does work.