Entourage 2008 sent mail display problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kabniel, Oct 7, 2008.

1. kabniel macrumors newbie

I've got a user who access their Exchange account via 1) an iMac at home, 2) an iPhone 3) possibly a MacBook and 4) an iMac at work. They can also access the account via a web interface through any web browser. When sending mail from any of these methods, they see their sent mail appropriately EXCEPT on the iMac at work (method 4). When they send from this account, the sent mail initially did not show at all. I cleared the cache and resynced the folder. They can now see all sent mail from all methods. However, when sent from the machine in question, any message sent shows as 'older than a year' in the grouping. It posts at the bottom of the sent mail list. The messages are dated correctly, they are just in the wrong position in the list.

Do I just need to reinstall Entourage 2008, or is there a less drastic method. User has local folders, I'd rather not do anything that jeopardizes those. User is using Entourage 2008, an intel iMac with 10.5.5. According to them, it all started happening after the most recent MSOffice patch. Salt with that.

Suggestions? Thanks for your time

2. nadyne macrumors 6502a

On the work iMac, create a new identity (go to the Entourage menu, then Switch Identity, then click the "new" button) and have it sync with the Exchange account. Do you still see the same thing?

Regards,
    Nadyne.