Entourage 2008 to Apple Mail, possible to import completely?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kman79, Jan 21, 2008.

1. kman79 macrumors regular

I've been using Apple Mail app for a while now, and I've recently purchased Office 2008. I used Outlook religiously when I had an XP machine and would love to try out Entourage 2008, but my only fear is, if I don't like it, is it possible to completely restore all my mail back to Mail 3.1? Entourage seems to import mail and accounts quite nicely and easily from Mail 3.1, but quickly looking through the Export Options, it doesn't seem to support exporting to Mail 3.1. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this or any information. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

2. CalMin macrumors 6502a

CalMin

Entourage 2004 allows you to drag and drop mail folders to the desktop. They appear a mbox files which mail can read. Hopefully this functionality is intact for the 2008 version.

3. kman79 thread starter macrumors regular

I appreciate the reply, I'll give that a try.

4. kman79 thread starter macrumors regular

5. smt1192 macrumors regular

I am having a similar problem. I have saved messages to my desktop in folders and now I cannot get them into mail, does anyone have any help?

6. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

I believe Mail has an import tool that will bring all your entourage messages right into mail. They show up in a separate "import" folder. I can't vouch for this until I try it tonight or tomorrow on my wife's macbook, but it did import the "Welcome to entourage" email when I tested it out over the weekend.