Entourage and Exchange Server question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JasonDawg18, May 8, 2008.

1. JasonDawg18 macrumors regular

JasonDawg18

Hi Friends,

I work at a place that is 90% PC and maybe 10% Mac. Our network administrator set a limit of 250MB on our Exchange Server Email accounts. I'm the graphic designer, and am ALWAYS sending huge files, so I am always running out of space, and am continually deleting emails off the of server.

Are there any good options, maybe for moving the files from the exchange server to my computer, so that I can keep all the emails I need, without filing up the Exchange Server?

I was told on Outlook, there was a way to "archive" emails. I have no idea how to do something like that on Entourage?

Thanks!

2. Sherman Homan macrumors 6502

Should be fairly easy to do, under the "Folders on My Computer" make a new folder, call it something clever and move items from your Exchange server's Inbox into it. Of course, this all depends on how tightly locked down your IT dood has set things.

3. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

What version of Entourage are you using? With 2004 you can File >Export to an archive file.

4. JasonDawg18 thread starter macrumors regular

JasonDawg18

I'm using Entourage 2008.

My only problem with manually moving files over to a folder on the computer is that I'll have emails all over the place. Is there any other options?

Thanks so much!

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Yes. There is no need to have emails "all over the place." In Entourage's side bar is a hierarchical folder labeled Folders on My Computer. It exactly duplicates the folder structure of my Exchange account. I simply drag files from my Exchange Inbox to the corresponding one on my computer. Everything is stored within ~/Documents/Microsoft User Data/ and is controllable via Entourage.