Entourage and mail categories? Can you do it?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MatrixPrime, Oct 11, 2008.

1. MatrixPrime macrumors regular

Just some quick background info....

I'm a web developer, and we are a Windows shop, but myself (and a fellow co-worker) are now using MacBook Pros for work (of which we also have Windows running on them in Fusion).

We'd like to move away from as much Windows dependency as possible, so we started using Entourage for email (we normally use Outlook in Windows). So the mail works great, and I'm slowly starting to like Entourage, but we have an issue. In Outlook, we have the ability to flag email under a specific color category (which is something we do on a regular basis here) in a shared inbox. Anyone using Outlook can see the color category and know who should respond to it. This works great. The problem comes for us few running Entourage now, the email doesn't show up as being flagged to a specific color category there. Is there anyone to get the categories assigned to an email in Outlook to also display as those categories in Entourage?

I do see that I can assign email to a specific category in Entourage as well, but again, if I assign an email a category in Entourage, it doesn't show up as being under that color category in Outlook either.

Is there anyway the two applications can share this color category information?

2. MatrixPrime thread starter macrumors regular

3. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Sorry to say, but at this time, Entourage doesn't support Exchange categories. Entourage does support flagging, but not all of the colours of flags that is available in Outlook.

Regards,
    Nadyne.