Entourage and Mobile Me

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bigdog5142, Aug 27, 2008.

1. bigdog5142 macrumors 6502a

bigdog5142

Okay. I know that Entourage can be set up to sync with iCal for the main calendar. However, I have seven calendars that I sync with Mobile Me. This is mainly for the color coding of different events within iCal and my iPhone. I also know that Entourage supports categories. What are my options? Does iCal support color coded categories that would then sync to Mobile Me and then my iPhone? I use Outlook 07 on my Vista machine and it syncs fine with Mobile Me, iCal and my iPhone. I'd like to utilize Entourage, but not sure I can with what I want to do. Any suggestions?

2. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Entourage's categories and iCal's calendars are concepts that are similar, but not quite identical. So right now, you could import each of your iCal calendars into Entourage and then apply a category to them. That would get your data into Entourage, but it doesn't solve what you're trying to do on your iPhone, which is have everything be its category colour.

Not a great answer for you, sorry. I can tell you that I totally sympathise with what you're doing -- personally, I've got ~20 categories in Entourage right now, and everything's all colour-coded. I'm dying to see those categories show up in the right categories on my iPhone (although my calendar and address book data isn't synced through Entourage, but rather through Exchange ActiveSync).

If this is something that's really important to you, please take the time to officially tell Microsoft about it. Yes, I'm from Microsoft, but telling me isn't the same as submitting the feedback on the site -- telling me relies on my rather faulty memory :eek: whereas using the feedback thing means that it all gets measured and metriced and all that other stuff that companies like to do. I can guarantee that it's not a black hole -- I'm one of the people who reads that stuff. It means that I can say "hey, we got X comments from people who are telling us we've got to do this" instead of saying "you know, there was this guy on a forum somewhere who wanted it". The former is way more powerful than the latter when it's decision-making time.

Regards,
    Nadyne.

3. bigdog5142 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bigdog5142

Thanks for the reply. I have submitted a couple of feedbacks through the Mactopia feedback page. So...I'm REALLY hoping that something will come through in the future. Only thing is that I'm looking at Contactizer Pro at this point. It syncs fine with iCal and my iPhone...and they're working on a native app for the iPhone. Hmmm....:)