Entourage: Automatically adding "sent" addresses to address book

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by asialog, Feb 8, 2010.

1. asialog macrumors newbie

I just converted to imac but have a little problem with Entourage.

Basically I want to automatically add all SENT addresses to my address book, but Entourage does not do this. I looked up the web and there is a software patch but this captures ALL addresses which will result in an address book full of garbage.

Any thoughts on how to do this please?

Thanks!

Bill

2. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Two things come to mind here ...

1. Entourage saves all email addresses on incoming and outgoing mail. When you compose your next email address, as you start typing in the name/address of the intended recipient, you'll get a drop-down list of saved addresses and you can select one. That doesn't put it into your address book, but you've still got access to it.

2. If this isn't sufficient, it strikes me that you could probably AppleScript this. I'll also say that this kind of AppleScript is way beyond my scripting ability. :) You can get started with it by reading up on Using AppleScripts with Entourage from the Entourage MVP help blog. If you get stuck as you try to write this script, I'd try posting to either the Entourage talk mailing list or the Entourage public forums.

Regards,
    Nadyne.