Entourage can not connect to my exchange server?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hjscm, Aug 14, 2009.

1. hjscm macrumors newbie

I am having trouble connecting to my exchange server with office for mac. my iphone has no problems but i can't figure out how to make it connect. my it department won't help with mac. this sucks i hate doing it through firefox.

thanks
    chris

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Exchange Server is not a fixed target. The setup of each Exchange Server is unique. Access to your server via Entourage is likely but it is not a given. The latest version, Entourage 2008, is supposed to be able to auto-discover the settings for your server. Only yesterday, Microsoft released Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition 1.0 that is supposed to dramatically improve Entourage's performance and functionality during Exchange 2007 access. Among the improvements that EWS is supposed to bring is improved autodiscover of Exchange servers.

If your IT staff refuses to help you, then giving advise is the best that I can do. My advice:
    • Locate a Windows computer with Office installed.
    • Launch Outlook and login to your account.
    • Find the settings including the address of each of server access via Outlook. Write them down.
    • Enter these same settings into the corresponding locations within Entourage.