entourage fail with lion install

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Lklk33, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Lklk33 macrumors newbie

I installed Lion today on my Imac (core duo - 8gb ram). All of my software was up to date (Office 2010, and Office 2008). I use Office 2010 outlook for the calendar feature, and Word, etc. But I use Entourage (2008) for email. (long story, but my outlook emails arrive in my boss' (windows outlook) inbox with a font so tiny that no amount of trouble shooting was making it work) So I use entourage, and go back and forth. It's not ideal, but until Office addresses this issue I am stuck.

When I installed Lion, everything was smooth. Then I opened Entourage and the database was corrupted and it suggested I repair. I did. I opened entourage, added my exchange email account. NOTHING. I rebooted. Opened Entourage, and got the error that I had to rebuild the database. This happened three times.

2010 Outlook opens slowly. Email crashes.

clearly I've made a mistake in upgrading. Does anyone know if I can easily downgrade?

Thank you

2. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

Not that it helps you in any way, but I too am using Entourage (our Exchange Server is ancient) and have no issues after upgrading.

3. Lklk33 thread starter macrumors newbie

interesting. I might try to do a clean install from disc of entourage. Then office 2010. And see what happens. Failing that, I need to downgrade.

4. LPMinneapolis macrumors newbie

Entourage not supported by Lion

http://cdn.macrumors.com/vb/images/smilies/mad.gifI just lost folder after folder of stored email in Entourage (Office 2004). Like others, I work in Office 2011, but I continued to use Entourage for email. After installing Lion, I can't open Entourage and get the message that PowerPc applications are no longer supported. I lost a couple of other applications, but I can live with that.

Does anyone know how I can retrieve the emails that were in Entourage? (And, of course, my MyBook external hard drive crashed a couple of days ago.):mad:

5. dnorcross macrumors newbie

Entourage not working in Lion 10.7

I'm getting the same error about 'PowerPC applications'.

Anyone have a way to fix this issue either by uninstalling Lion 10.7 or even upgrading Entourage?

6. cyalrgst macrumors newbie

Entourage and Lion

Same problem. When I try to launch Entourage, I get the same message about Power PC programs not supported.

7. macjo macrumors newbie

works for me but...

I had no issues at all, entourage with exchange 2003 works fine, however the search function doesn't populate any results anymore. really annoying.
    one more reason to hate entourage, but can't do anything with exchange 2003 :(

8. Lklk33 thread starter macrumors newbie

reinstall

I spent hours today removing all instances of OFFICE. Then reinstalling first Office 2008. And then Office 2011. And then adding my mail back into each application from the exchange server.

Finally both are working with Lion.

I have not updated either software, although software updates are of course available, as I am concerned that they will no longer work.

I'm hoping Microsoft releases an update that will be iron clad with Lion.

Any ideas?

9. EdwinG macrumors newbie

I'm using Entourage 2008, the app loaded ok, but the status just show "not connected". no clue yet.