Entourage - Office 2004 for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by negative, Jan 2, 2008.

1. negative macrumors newbie

Hello...

Does anyone know how to change the "send from address" field in Entourage?
    I can sent from other email address I have permissions to from Outlook but I dont know how to get the from field in entourage (Exchange).

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

There's a drop down option to choose between the accounts I have set up in Entourage. It's in the compose new mail window.

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

If you have the accounts setup in the program, then you select the one you want from the pop-up menu.

4. negative thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, I did not provide enough details...
    I have setup an exchange account in entourage - someuser@somedomain.com
    In exchange I have given the user access to send from otheruser@somedomain.com

So in Entourage I only have 1 exchange email address setup... and I want to send from another email address in exchange I have access to.

More background info: This other email address I want to send from is actually a distribution group so I cannot add it as another email account in entourage...

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

That's not the way that distribution lists work. You don't send messages from distribution lists, you send messages to distribution lists. The messages are then distributed to everyone on the list. Your IT staff may limit who may distribute messages via the list. If you are not one of the people who has permissions to distribute messages, then you can't.

6. negative thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually... I am one of the administrators here...

This is a mail enabled distribution group (it has an email address assigned to it... both external and internal users can send emails to this list.)

If I use my outlook client on a windows based PC I AM ABLE TO SEND EMAIL FROM this distribution group.

Unfortunalely its a policy here that is some users do not require a full mailbox for whatever reason and all they want to do is receive email and send from it occasionally... all we do is create a mail enabled distro group.

Hope this clarifies things
    [​IMG]