Entourage on MAC

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zygissimo, Sep 3, 2008.

1. zygissimo macrumors newbie

Hello,

Here is a deal. I use entourage on my macbook, and I have a problem with getting contacts from my the server. In outlook all I had to do was to assign a hyperlink to the contacts folder. And here I can not evet change the name of contacts folder...

Maybe you had the same problem and could tell me, how to go through it. Thank you all a lot for answers.

2. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

Is it an exchange server? Have you set up entourage to access an exchange server (add account, type exchange)? Do you have Office 2008? If so, do you have the pro edition that allows exchange access?

3. Amdahl macrumors 65816

And make sure you've got all the updates for Office 2008. Run the Microsoft Auto Update.

4. zygissimo thread starter macrumors newbie

i have ms office 2008 for mac, and yes, I have an exchange account created. everything works fine for me, except the contacts. When I go to my "Contact" folder preferences, there is a hyperlink "folder path". all i have to do is to change the path, to order entourage to take contacts from my company list, but I am not able to do it anyhow (at least this is how it worked on the outlook).

Any hints?

5. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Try this from the Entourage 2008 online help:
    Find people in the Global Address List

Is that what you're talking about?

Regards,
    Nadyne.

6. zygissimo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you nadyne for help, but I don't know is it I was looking for, because there are no "Directory Services" in my Entourage nor "My Exchange Account" in that directory, and I am not able to create one.

So basically I've lost any hope to access to my company contacts, as I could so easy on the Outlook.

7. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Can you post a screenshot that shows the leftmost panel in your Entourage address book?

Regards,
    Nadyne.

8. zygissimo thread starter macrumors newbie

Here it is.

And one more question, what is the problem that I can not send tables via entourage? If I copy a table from word and paste it in new/reply/forward message, the table is converted for me as a text. No table. Annoying...

Attached Files:

9. nadyne macrumors 6502a

My first guess is that you don't have all of your server names set up correctly in Entourage. Go to the Entourage menu, then Account Settings. Double-click on your Exchange account. Go to the Advanced tab. Do you have a server name in the first field ("LDAP server")? Without that, you won't get the Global Address List to work.

Here's a couple of links that have some more details about getting Entourage set up with Exchange:
    http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2008/03/optimize_entourage_to_better_work_with_exchange.html
    http://staff.washington.edu/dietiker/blog/2008/03/configuring-entourage-2008-for.html
    The latter one has instructions for the University of Washington, but you can follow her reasoning to figure out your server name.

Entourage doesn't have great HTML support, and tables are one place where you'll notice that. If you already have created your table in Word, go to File menu in Word, then select Send To > Mail (as HTML). That's one way to get the table into a new email in Entourage.

Regards,
    Nadyne.

10. zygissimo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you Nadyne a lot!!!!!!

Now I have all the contacts I need. Only for some reason the don't come full. Company name, phone number, occupation are missing in most of them. Well at least there are all e-mails :)