Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PmattF

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2006
For general business use on a Mac, is one better off using Microsoft Entourage for email/calendar/contacts, or just using Mac Mail/iCal/Addressbook? This assumes one is buying/installing Mac Office regardless, and that the users are experienced Windows Outlook users (with data to import).

When I recently got my own Mac, I looked into mail clients a bit, and most people seemed to think the current versions of Mac Mail is better than Entourage. But I did not look into calendar/contacts, or integration between the three.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
I think the answer is different now than it will be in a month or two.

OS X 10.5 Leopard is supposed to have enough added to Mail to allow it to replace Entourage, so perhaps it'll be truly useful then.

For now, for business users used to Outlook, on systems that already have Office installed? I'd go with Entourage. It's not fantastic, but it works well enough, and it's very Outlook-like. You can also have Entourage sync with iCal and - I think - Address Book.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.