Entourage or iCal/Mail? Blackberry..

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by peapody, Jul 17, 2010.

1. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

I know there is a thread on this guy, but it's old and I wanted to see if there is anyone out there who wants to chime in.

I recently started using iCal for really quick appointment entries, and being a long time entourage user, iCal seems really clean and pretty and quick to use. Nowhere near as powerful as entourage I can see, but it seems good for my purposes for now since school has died down a bit.

Am I going to regret going full throttle in iCal interms of use and expandability? I have a blackberry storm right now and I am currently doing research to see how to export my calendars. Anyone have experience with this?

As for mail, it looks really clean - I like it better than the craziness that entourage has...and better yet I have my labels for my gmail in place! That is pretty good. What do you guys think?

2. BigHungry04 macrumors 6502

It all depends on whether Blackberry Desktop Manager for Mac will sync with iCal and address book. If it does I would recommend using iCal and address book. It doesn't need to sync with Mail because your e-mail is probably using Blackberry Internet Service. Download Blackberry Desktop Manager for Mac at blackberry.com and set it up and the first time you connect your blackberry it should ask you to set up it's synchronization options and hopefully iCal and address book are available options. I don't have a blackberry at the moment so I don't know for sure.