Entourage problem - when replying, wrong address/account

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thefrenches, Jun 12, 2009.

1. thefrenches macrumors member

I have an exchange account and two POP accounts on my Entourage, and when I reply, it always goes to the 'default' account - the Exchange one. I do not have the option 'reply with the default account' selected in preferences, but do not see an alternative option that replies with the account to which the email was sent.

What's the fix here?

2. Bearxor macrumors 6502a

Step 1: Use Webmail
    Step 2: Delete Entourage

I kid, I kid (not really)! It's been a while since I used Entourage but I think you click your name in the from field when composing a new message to select a differenent account.

3. thefrenches thread starter macrumors member

I know how to do it manually, but it should be automated, since I do NOT have the 'use default account when replying' box checked, no? Yes, it always goes to the default account! Odd.

4. Bearxor macrumors 6502a

Oh I see now. Reading comprehension FTW!

In that case, follow my original advice. I'm fairly certain this is not possible in Entourage. In my last job where we used Entourage extensively, people had separate identities to manage different mail account for this reason.

5. nadyne macrumors 6502a

What version of Entourage are you using?

I just tested it against my setup (one Exchange, one POP, one IMAP), and if I reply to a message, each of them reply using the correct one. Likewise, if I have one of those accounts selected and create a new message, Entourage gives me a new message to be sent from the correct account.

Regards,
    Nadyne.

6. thefrenches thread starter macrumors member

Entourage 2008.

I can select any email I wish, but when I reply to an email sent to a POP account, the default 'from' and signature are not what it was sent to, but whatever my default account is, which is an Exchange account.