Entourage Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by csiking, Oct 23, 2007.

1. csiking macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

When I start a new email I type in part of an address and Entourage shows all the email addresses that are in my 'Address' book...like normal. However, I am all of a sudden seeing SPAM email addresses in these selections. Since they were not put in my Address book I cannot delete them!

Is anyone aware of first how this happened, and how to delete these addresses??

Thanks so much.

2. Ninja Guidan macrumors regular

Try this...

How to clear the recently used address list in Entourage for Mac
    View products that this article applies to.
    Article ID : 823667
    Last Review : August 18, 2005
    Revision : 1.2
    SYMPTOMS
    When you type a partial address for an e-mail, Entourage for Mac suggests addresses that include typographic errors and addresses that you no longer want to keep.

Back to the top
    CAUSE
    This behavior occurs because the recently used address list is built from both incoming and outgoing addresses. This includes e-mail addresses that you would generally consider to be junk e-mail.

Back to the top
    RESOLUTION
    To resolve this behavior in Entourage 2004 for Mac, follow these steps:
    1. On the Entourage menu, click Preferences.
    2. Under Mail & News Preferences, click Compose.
    3. Click Clear List.
    4. Click OK.

To resolve this behavior in versions of Entourage that are earlier than Entourage 2004 for Mac, follow these steps:
    1. On the Entourage menu, click Mail & News Preferences.
    2. Click the Compose tab.
    3. Click Clear List.
    4. Click OK.
    Note If you click to clear the Display a list of recently used addresses when addressing messages check box, Entourage still displays a list of suggested addresses from the address book.

3. csiking thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah ha! Ninja you are a genius...that did the trick. Thanks so much that was really bugging me!!

It's stuff like that that is so difficult to find when it comes to Windows information.

Thanks again!!