Entourage Rebuilding Database

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mjfarsi, Feb 1, 2009.

1. mjfarsi macrumors member

Everytime I shut down my computer, I am forced to rebuild and verify my Entourage database.

What is wrong? Do i have too many old files?

Let me know what I can do to fix this. I have Entourage 2008 version 12.1.8

Thanks!

2. mjfarsi thread starter macrumors member

Also can you please help me remove "my day' from starting up at start up.

Thanks!

3. nadyne macrumors 6502a

You're definitely not using Entourage 12.1.8, since we're only at 12.1.5 right now. :)

The Entourage MVPs have a bunch of guidance for Entourage issues. You should probably start with their troubleshooting basics information. Then you can check out their main database page for a pretty good list of database-specific troubleshooting information.

To stop My Day from opening on launch, go into My Day. Go to the My Day menu, then select Preferences. On the General tab, remove the check in the box for "Open after computer logon".

Also, remember that if you've purchased Office 2008, you get two or three free calls to tech support. (Sorry, I can't remember the exact number!) We've got Entourage experts on our tech support, so if you're stuck, they'll be able to help you out. Alternately, you can try to post your questions to the Entourage public forums -- lots of Entourage experts hang out there, and there's more of them so they're quicker on responses than I am. :)

Regards,
    Nadyne.