Entourage trouble--loses connection overnight, requires reboot, and database rebuild.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by WalkingKnight, Oct 3, 2008.

1. WalkingKnight macrumors newbie

I have an entourage 2008 user on a Mac Mini running 10.5. His system seems to lose its connection to our Windows network overnight (everything else works--safari can hit the web, etc., but fileshares and Exchange won't reconnect). The only solution we've found is a reboot, but every single time he reboots his system for any reason, Entourage requires a full database rebuild/reverification.

Has anyone else run into this? Should I just give it up and use MobileMe to sync his Outlook with Mac Mail, Contacts, and Calendar?

2. nadyne macrumors 6502a

That's not an issue that I've heard of before.

First of all, make sure that he's up-to-date with all Office updates and Leopard updates (currently 12.1.2 and 10.5.5, respectively). Secondly, check that his account settings are correct (especially for Exchange).

If that doesn't help, then try to create a new identity and see if you still have the same problems. The Entourage MVPs have complete instructions for doing so.

You'll find that lots of Entourage experts hang out at the Entourage public forums. If you're still stuck, you might want to try to post your questions there.

Regards,
    Nadyne.

3. WalkingKnight thread starter macrumors newbie

4. servergoboom macrumors newbie

Entourage requires rebuild after each login/restart/shutdown

A user at one of the companies I support was having a related issue with rebuilds at login.

The database rebuilds turned out to be caused by the Database Daemon not being fully started when the user launched Entourage and so Entourage thought that the database had something wrong with it since it got an error back about it being unavailable.

Stopping it from launching at login and having the user wait until they see the "My Day" reminders window open before launching Entourage resolved their issue. Hopefully this helps.

If the user is having their database corrupted by the loss of connectivity then that is a different issue.

Good Luck.

5. stevenflo macrumors newbie

I've been having the same issue. Sometimes in a matter of hours, but always if left untouched overnight, Entourage will not check for new messages. Nothing but a reboot works. Our IT guy has been through my account settings dozens of times and has not found a fix. My OS and Entourage are both up to date. Has anyone found a fix for this? Thanks.