Entourage - update to 12.2.1

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cfaforever, Aug 28, 2009.

1. cfaforever macrumors newbie

I am a recent switcher, using Entourage 2008. I downloaded and updated to 12.2.1 today ... and my "new Entourage" is completely empty: no id°, no contacts, no folders, no mail.
    As a matter of fact, Entourage is asking me to re-create all my details, etc. to (re-) start from scratch.
    Q1: How to recover ? ( I have regular Time-machine backup's ... let's hope that will help )
    Q2: what have I done wrong ?
    Tx in advance for your support.
    CF/.

2. nadyne macrumors 6502a

It sounds like Entourage can't find your identity. It's stored in:
    ~/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2008 Identities/

Is that folder still there? What subfolder(s) do you see under it?

Regards,
    Nadyne.

3. cfaforever thread starter macrumors newbie

Identities

Yes, the identities sub-folders are there.

Unfortunately, I had two identities, such as (I am translating from French ...) "Main Account" and "Main Account 1". I deleted the "xx 1" account to force Entourage to use the former main account.

Everything is back to a reasonnable status, except for the "Rules" which have not been recuperated for whatever reason.

Thousand thanks for your hint ...
    Kind regards from Helvetia, CF/.

4. mhnajjar macrumors 6502a

mhnajjar

After installing the update, Entourage asks for your permission to acquire some account related information, did you get that and did you click yes? Maybe you ignored it or canceled it and that is what caused your issue.

5. nadyne macrumors 6502a

In the future, if you want to tell Entourage to use a different identity, go to the Entourage menu and select "Switch identities".

Your rules are tied to the identity that you're using. If you only created the rules on the second identity, then they won't get carried over to the first one.

Regards,
    Nadyne.

6. cfaforever thread starter macrumors newbie

Tranquility base, the Eagle has landed ...

All resolved by now, many thanks, but the Entourage update dialogs (in French) are miserable, and the explanations on the screen (far) below acceptable.
    Anyhow, many thanks for your helps and hints.
    Kind regards, CF/.