entourage users question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by prsz28, Sep 24, 2007.

1. prsz28 macrumors newbie

i just discovered that entourage has a limited file attachment size that it will allow you to attach. is there a setting that will override or adjust the file size so i do not have to compress it or use another piece of software like Alladin in order to attach it and send it?

thanks,
    max

2. vanmacguy macrumors 6502a

What type of file are you trying to send? And what size?

Cheers.

3. prsz28 thread starter macrumors newbie

it is a numbers doc and it is 176K in size.

max

4. blodwyn macrumors 65816

I don't think it's an Entourage problem, at least not with size. I regularly used to send and receive files of several Megabytes without any problems.

5. vanmacguy macrumors 6502a

Ok, (I know this one, I'm so excited!).

This happened to me with a Pages document.

What's happening is that by trying to attach this file, Entourage thinks you're trying to attach a folder. If you look at the message you're getting, it'll say something along those lines.

Try right-clicking the Numbers document, or a Pages document, and you'll see an option of "Show Package Contents". this is because a Numbers document is not a single document like a Word file is. It's a collection of files stored in a directory. This goes for Pages too.

So you can use "Create Archive of "[your Numbers file here] and then email that file, that will work fine because then Entourage is just sending one file.

Cheers.

6. prsz28 thread starter macrumors newbie

your right on. i did figure out its not the size that matters. hahahaha
    i did what you said and opened the package but what in the package do i send in order to send the document? the tiff file or the gz file?

7. prsz28 thread starter macrumors newbie

i just figured it out. i finished doing what you said about archiving and viola there you go. thank you very much for your help. this is cool stuff.

max