Entourage V X

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ikklejo, Mar 13, 2008.

1. ikklejo macrumors regular

Hi,
    Does any one know how i can view jpgs within an email. Some show up fine and some all i get is a red circle with a cross in it??
    All PDF files are fine but i cant see certain jpegs???
    I'm running Microsoft Office Entourage 10.1.6
    Thanks
    J

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I suspect that the problem is not on your end. Some of these images are hosted elsewhere and referenced in the email instead of being attached. If attempts to resolve the remote reference fail (for example, the web site cannot be found), you'll get that red X indicating that the image failed to load.

3. ikklejo thread starter macrumors regular

OK thanks, it works on a colleagues mac who is using Entourage 2004 just not on mine i was hoping it wasn't just because i was on an older version as it means company paying for upgrade and that takes ages to happen!!
    Would i have to pay for an upgrade from vesion X to 2004 office??
    Thanks

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I'm confused - if you buy it yourself you'll have to pay, yes. If your company handles it, it depends on company policy. Also, Office 2004 has been superseded by Office 2008 for Mac, so you may find it difficult to locate a copy of it, should you choose to upgrade.

5. ikklejo thread starter macrumors regular

I understand someone will have to pay if i upgrade to 2008 i would have to pay i was unsure if i would pay for changing from Version X to 2004 as its so old!!?? But i was hoping that the jpeg thing wasnt just the fact that i was on an older version on entourage i thought there might be a setting i could change to make it work.
    Thanks
    J

6. ikklejo thread starter macrumors regular

Hi,
    Do you know if on Entourage Version X i can have access to 2 inbox's. I know this can be done in Microsoft Version 2004 under delegates, but need to know if there is a way round doing it in Microsoft Version X??
    Thanks
    Jo