Entourage vs Mail - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by higgalls, Jun 14, 2008.

1. higgalls macrumors regular

Hey,

I have been using Entourage 2008 since I first got my Macbook Pro a couple of months ago, and it has been going fine, but I was wondering what the advantage would be if I was to change to Apple Mail.app?

I use a lot of rules in Entourage (which I have seen that Mail will handle them all), and I have a lot of emails, which I flag when I need to come back to them later, and I put them all into different folders (well most of them are moved automatically into different folders with the rules).

I am also looking at getting an iPhone when they come out next month, but I don't know if I will be putting my emails on it yet or not (my calendar is already with iCal, and it will definately be going on the iPhone).

So, other than saying Microsoft sucks, can people please tell me what they think the advantages and disadvantages would be if I was to go to Apple's Mail?

Thanks.

2. Biolizard macrumors 6502

If you have Leopard or ever intend to get it, then Time Machine will work so much better with Mail.app than Entourage because it stores e-mails as single files as opposed to a large database like Entourage apparently.

That's the only one I can think of so far.

3. higgalls thread starter macrumors regular

Hi,

Yes I do have Leopard - its only the new Macbook Pro as of a few months ago.

Thanks for your input :)