Entourage Won't Open!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by melfri, Apr 22, 2010.

1. melfri macrumors newbie

I installed MS Office 2008 onto my MacBook Pro OS X 10.4.11 (Intel) a few months ago. All was fine, until today, when it wouldn't open (only bouncing once). So far I have tried to:

Find the file com.microsoft.entourage.plist
    Move it to your desktop
    Launch Entourage

Which I couldn't figure out how to move it to the desktop and it opened a program called OmniOutliner, and I was prompted to pay for to update.

I also ran the Database Utility.
    I also attempted to press Option while opening (nothing happened), then I tried the ":apple:" button (nothing again).
    I also repaired the Permissions on my Hard drive.
    I also tried installing this update http://support.apple.com/downloads/Mac_OS_X_10_4_11_Update__Intel_

Obviously, I'm hoping I don't have to reinstall Office because it sounds icky, and the rest of the "suite" is working fine. Another note, simultaneous to Entourage not opening, I also couldn't open a program called Skitch, a screen capture program. Probably unrelated, but I wanted to provide all the information I could.

2. keninirvine macrumors newbie

Did you ever sort out your problem? I just ran into the same thing with my Entourage after about 2 years. It tries to open in the dock, then says it can't.