Entourage wont sync sent mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by renault4, Jul 22, 2008.

1. renault4 macrumors regular

I have at least two computers and an iPhone pointed at MS exchange, recently (as of yesterday) I noticed an odd behaviour--each machine (mac pro or MacBook Pro, MS entourage) only keeps a copy of its own sent mail and at least one machine is not syncing the sent items folder to the Exchange server--for example when I go to the web interface I can see sent items from my iphone and laptop but not my desktop.

Any ideas what might be going on?

Cheers,

2. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Try emptying the cache for the folder that isn't updating. In Entourage, select the folder. Then control-click (or right-click) on the folder and select "Folder Properties". On the "General" tab, select the "Empty" button. This forces Entourage to ignore its cache and re-download everything from Exchange.

This will work for both Entourage 2004 and Entourage 2008. If you're using an older version of Entourage, I'll have to go digging to see if the steps are the same, or you can search the help for "empty cache". :)

Regards,
    Nadyne.

3. MAC Noah macrumors newbie

Sent Mail wont Sync between Entourage 08 and Exchange

My sent mail will not sync with exchange. Emptying the cache or re-installing the software seems to work for about a day. However, this fix is temporary. The email is being saved on the hard drive and I an find it with Spotlight. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Noah

4. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Can you figure out if there's anything in common with when Entourage stops syncing? Is it on a particular message? Is it at a particular time, or after Entourage has been running for a certain length of time? Do you have any errors in your Entourage error log (in Entourage, go to the Window menu, then select "Error log")?

What Exchange server is your company using? Do you know if any other users are having similar issues?

Have you tried setting up a new identity? To do so in Entourage, go to the Entourage menu, then select "Switch Identity", then click the "Switch" button, then click on the "New" button. Then set it up exactly with your Exchange account exactly as before, and see if you have the same problem there. If you don't, then the easiest course is just to switch to using this new account -- it will mean that you'll have to move over any local data (notes, tasks, categories) into this new identity manually, but that's probably less of a hassle than not having your sent mail sync.

Regards,
    Nadyne.