Entourage won't work with hotmail anymore?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by brian4610, Jan 7, 2008.

1. brian4610 macrumors regular

I tried checking my email (hotmail account) through entourage and a message popped up saying that entourage can't work with MSN unless you have an "MSN Premium" account. A premium account runs about $125 a year, not interested in that...

has anyone else had this happen to them? what did you do?

thanks.

2. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

i believe that's only for pop access.

if you use http, it's fine.

mail.app can access hotmail for no charge....

3. brian4610 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for your help...

how do i change the settings? i've accessed my hotmail account like this for quite sometime, and i'm not sure how to fix it to http....

thanks.

4. mish7399 macrumors newbie

I elected to have my pw change every 72 days using MSN, today I changed it and normally I would go into Entourage and save the new password for it to auto send and receive in 10 minute intervals. When I open Entourage (2004) now a password window comes up and if I type in password and click 'OK' without checking the save password box it connects to MSN and downloads my new emails that time. So I have to enter the pw - if I elect to check the box to save it so it can auto check it gives me an error message saying there is a mail server set up error and that hotmail now requires passwords between 6-16 characters - makes no sense my password is within those guidelines. Also, when I go straight to msn web page it rejects my password and on the second try it signs in. I have looked online and see that a lot of people are having this issue. I can only assume it is something on the MSN part. I cannot find any type of number to call for support even though I am a premium member (I think it is only $30/yr though) Any ideas? just thought I'd share my scenario.

:confused: