Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

painting

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2010
I have a Macbook operating on 10.5.8. I have MS Office 2008 for Mac version 12.0.0 which includes Entourage. I have used Entourage for about 2 year with no problems but have accumulated a large amount of data. A couple of days ago I got the message "Entourage cannot access your data..."...I have attempted several time to rebuild the database but at page 4/5 I get an error message.
It was suggested that I should upgrade so have successfully installed 12.1.0 but 12.2.0 won't install as "I don't have a software version....."

Any help appreciated. I have an external back up which was good til about 10 days ago (been working away). I'm keen not to lose 10 days of back ups but realise I might. Should I reinstall office (worried about losing data). Any good advice welcome.
thanks

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
It was suggested that I should upgrade so have successfully installed 12.1.0 but 12.2.0 won't install as "I don't have a software version....."

Why are you using the Office update utility that is included with your Office installation?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.