Entry details change when iCal syn'c with Mobile Me

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by theredapartment, May 10, 2009.

1. theredapartment macrumors newbie

Hi,
    Just got my first Mac - still finding my way around.

Mobile Me - put some schedule appointments in my iCal then sync'd with Mobile Me. When the dates/times transferred - they all changed! Have tried correcting it but they changed again. Then, when I checked the schedule again the next day on my work PC, I couldn't even correct/edit/manipulate the entry.

What's up?

The terms and conditions of this forum prohibit me in expressing myself in a way that I feel adequately reflect my disappointment. Slight tangent here: for years friends (mac people) have banged the Mac drum with a zeal I could no longer ignore and I got one. That everything 'works well together' remains the central tenet of Mac proposition. Mobile Me is a beacon of this philosophy of sweet synchronicity between apps, but herein lies the infuriating truth - right now, Mobile Me can't even sync dates with iCal! It is patently not doing, 'what it says 'on the tin'.

Anyone, please, any ideas?

Thanks,
    JW

2. britboyj macrumors 6502a

Make sure all devices and the MobileMe web interface are set to the same time zone and make sure it's NOT Dallas. I know Dallas is screwed up for some reason (we have to set it to Houston).

There may be other cities like that too that are causing it.