Entry-level 13" MBP $999 refurbished--is this deal common?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by chucknorris, Oct 12, 2009.

1. chucknorris macrumors 6502a

chucknorris

I made the decision Saturday to pull the trigger on the cheaper MacBook Pro configuration selling in the Special Deals section of the Apple Store for $999. Naturally, as soon as I got around to adding the thing to my cart, it was out of stock. Anybody have any sense as to how commonly this deal comes up? Your guidance would be most appreciated.

2. heesey1010 macrumors member

It's fairly common, but they DO go quick. I'd say they make an appearance at least once a week.

3. chucknorris thread starter macrumors 6502a

chucknorris

Well, I'll feel less guilty about refreshing the refurb page obsessively and checking its RSS feed every three seconds then. ;)

4. olisones macrumors regular

Just got one of these - I can highly recommend it. Perfect condition and you save a packet! I brought extra RAM with the savings.

5. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

There is no rule about when they get released (a lot of members have tried to suss that one out!) - check back early and check back often.

6. totodon macrumors newbie

I won't be that into it

Item on apple store is not tax free. Some apple authorized retailers (like Macmall, clubmac, etc.) are offering new Macbook Pro with a price pretty much close to the after-tax price of Apple store. So I will turn to them.

Actually I got a 13.3 inch MBP from Clubmac.com last week for $1070 after all kinds of mail-in rebates, plus I got free Parallel 4.0 and a HP printer. I think that's a much better deal than that on apple store.

7. chucknorris thread starter macrumors 6502a

chucknorris

I'll have to give that a serious look. Thanks for the tip, totodon.

8. andylyon macrumors 6502a

andylyon

Wow that's awesome, didn't know it had a feed - subscribing straight away!

9. chucknorris thread starter macrumors 6502a

chucknorris

I found it at www.mac2sell.net, in case you're having trouble tracking it down.

10. andylyon macrumors 6502a

andylyon

Haha thanks I've been looking around the Apple Store for the last 5 mins looking for a feed link! At one point I thought the UK version must not have a feed and was just about to give up! Cheers for the link as they have a UK one as well!

AnDy

11. chucknorris thread starter macrumors 6502a

chucknorris

It came back into stock briefly this afternoon, so I snapped it up. Decided those deals on MacMall and ClubMac have less mileage for me, because I already have a printer and an HP desktop.

Now the waiting begins...