enV2 - iSync. When can we except support?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by blurb23, Jun 21, 2008.

1. blurb23 macrumors 6502a

I recently just got an enV2, and realized that there's no support for it from iSync.

Then I realized that iSync is actually rather lacking in support, for a LOT of phones (especially from Verizon). I guess I was lucky that my old phone (Motorola e815) happened to be supported.

Do we have any idea as to when Apple may update the iSync compatibility list? Are there any third party plug-ins (similar to Perian) that will add a bunch of phones?

I found an excellent tutorial here that shows how to put music and pictures onto the enV2. There's also a follow up tutorial that shows how to add contacts from your computer through Address Book, but it's far more laborious than just hitting the button on iSync.

2. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

Unless it's 3rd party, I doubt you'll have much luck with Apple iSync.

All I can say is, Google.

3. r88my macrumors regular

Try nova media phone plugins. I used them for various nokia phones that isync didnt support.

4. becstar77 macrumors newbie

I have tried a free plug-in that didn't work, so I'm reluctant to pay out incase this site doesn't either - quite aside from the fact I don't speak German so I'm afraid to go down that route with no guarantees! Anyone had any success with a nokia7373? I'm waiting for iPhone 3G, but until then my clients appointments are being manually double-entered :mad:

5. blurb23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dang, ok, thanks guys.

I was really hoping for some official support.