Envelope Icon In Status Bar

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Grayburn, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

I've all of sudden been getting an Envelope Icon in my status bar after recieving e-mail.

I've never had this before or changed any settings.I have recently installed an update of Lockinfo via Cydia but i'm not using it at the moment and everything in Lockinfo is set to OFF.

I'm thinking it might be Lockinfo as i have i have other things that work when they are swictched off,such as fetch new data, e-mails just randomly pop up.

Anyway, any ideas anyone?

2. Grayburn thread starter macrumors 68000

Grayburn

3. Grayburn thread starter macrumors 68000

Grayburn

4. TJone macrumors 6502a

Any others that you choose to show in the lockinfo plugins settings. I added notifications, phone, voicemail and sms to show there too. It seems to work well. I don't think it works with weathericon and I just turned that off so the other icons will show.

5. saberahul macrumors 68040

Is this only for JB? I would like to see that envelope icon on the top right while my iPhone is locked when a new message is received. My iPhone isn't jailbroken.

6. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

Only way to do it is via JB. The notification system that Apple has implemented is at best "lacking", and one of the major attractions of JB, at least for me, is the ability to install tweaks that can alleviate the lacking-ness of iOS notifications.