Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hayzie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2008
Hi everybody, Ive got myself an iMac with no superdrive and would like to install Eos Utility. Ive been to the canon website and they only have the updater which requires the original disc for installation. Has anyone found any workarounds for a fresh install?

thanks

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
Purchase a SuperDrive to load software, rip CDs into iTunes, etc. Then load the Canon software.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
Hi everybody, Ive got myself an iMac with no superdrive and would like to install Eos Utility. Ive been to the canon website and they only have the updater which requires the original disc for installation. Has anyone found any workarounds for a fresh install?

thanks

Don't know if you have access to a Macbook/Pro. If so can't you use that DVD drive over the network?

EDIT: Or just try this.

Hayzie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2008
Don't know if you have access to a Macbook/Pro. If so can't you use that DVD drive over the network?

EDIT: Or just try this.

thanks a bunch, i tried the instructions on that site before but it didnt work as i was trying to use the most recent version of the Eos Utility. Just tried a slightly older version and it worked like a dream, thanks for you help and suggestions!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.