[Epiphany] What if Apple introduced this battery drain so we would try low power mode?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by mizxco, Jun 10, 2015.

1. mizxco, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2015

mizxco macrumors 6502a

mizxco

2. Mengels7 macrumors regular

It's the first developer beta. There is almost always some sort of battery drain for most users. I would never bet it's intentional in the way you're suggesting. Granted, I'm assuming you're kind of joking around, but I had to point that out.

3. MarcusCarpenter macrumors 6502a

MarcusCarpenter

i wonder which process would have been changed to increase battery drain on purpose

4. mizxco thread starter macrumors 6502a

mizxco

Yeah but this is the only beta I remember that drains so much. Ironically, one of main focuses of iOS 9 was "better battery life".

Which got me thinking when I switched on "Low Power Mode" for the first time.

5. mizxco thread starter macrumors 6502a

mizxco

Sync time server every minute!!

6. batting1000 macrumors 604

This would be great, except Low Power Mode doesn't do much of anything it seems.

7. Tubamajuba macrumors 68000

If you believe the pessimistic tin-foil hat crowd, Apple has plenty of experience with doing that. :rolleyes:

8. bahndoos macrumors 6502

bahndoos

Interesting theory, but the sad truth is you can switch all the usual suspects of battery drain, i.e. background refresh, location, search settings for Proactive etc and even dim the display to near zero.... this first beta will still suck in battery life. I mean, it has made a complete muppet out of the normally-amazing iPhone 6+ battery

9. MarcusCarpenter macrumors 6502a

MarcusCarpenter

Sure the first Beta sucks but apple said at the keynote they are seeing +1 hour battery and +4 with energy saver on. Maybe they are already using a new build than us :/

10. bahndoos macrumors 6502

bahndoos

Thats pretty much a given... they are definitely one even two betas ahead in development.

11. mhoepfin macrumors regular

Am I the only one seeing decent battery (on an iphone 5)? Also I like the new battery usage screen that shows you actual background minutes by app.

12. mizxco thread starter macrumors 6502a

mizxco