EPP discount for iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Brandiño, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Brandiño macrumors newbie

After four Windows laptops or so, I am finally converting to Apple with a 2012 27" iMac. My only issue is price, and I plan to get an EPP discount.

This is my only sticking point in a major upgrade...so who has some idea of when the EPP discount will be available? That is essentially my delivery date, as I plan to pick up in an Apple store.

Thanks!

2. blazezaku macrumors newbie

3. Brandiño thread starter macrumors newbie

Good news. It seems this will never surpass rumor status until it actually happens, but it seems a good sign that I've heard this date in a few different places.

4. blazezaku macrumors newbie

I actually heard this from a friend, which works as a Apple Creative.

5. rw3 macrumors 6502a

rw3

By this date, it will then be on EPP.

6. VilleK macrumors newbie

The company I work for has a deal with Apple on employee discounts, but they recently informed us that they'll no longer be giving the employee discount on BTO models. Anyone heard anything similar to this?

7. colodane macrumors 6502a

colodane

I had purchased my late 2011 BTO iMac with EPP (IBM) and received a discount. Just checked the website earlier today to see if the EPP was in effect for the 2012 model. The BTO 2012 shows up on the EPP website, but at the same price as at the regular Apple store - no discount. I had assumed that they weren't yet offering the EPP price since the supply was still constrained. Hadn't heard anything about a change in policy. Sure hope we can still get BTOs! Let us know if/when you find out any more.

8. elev8d macrumors 6502

March 15

I so hope this is true. I've been waiting to order since November. I thought they would have met supply by February, but wait times are still 3-4 weeks on the 27"