Epson 3170 & Yosemite No good. Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by exfordy, Jun 8, 2015.

1. exfordy macrumors newbie

Our Epson 3170 scanner no longer works fully since we updated our iMac to 10.10.3 Yosemite. Looks like we need to get a new scanner? There are no solutions found on the web. We have Vuescan but that shows "no scanners were found connected to your computer". No driver update show on Apple Store. Any suggestions?
    We need to be able to scan at good resolution A4 documents but also 35mm slides and negatives and we would like the scanner to be able to do OCR.
    I am thinking of the Epson Perfection V600 Photo but has any Apple owner any recommendations?

2. dmrowley macrumors 6502

dmrowley

3. exfordy thread starter macrumors newbie

Why?

4. ApolloBoy macrumors 6502a

ApolloBoy

It's not your call.

5. dmrowley macrumors 6502

dmrowley

I meant delete MY reply. It was meant for the admins since there is way to delete a post.

6. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Try to reinstall the drivers from here. Make sure you choose the ones for OS X Yosemite!

7. exfordy thread starter macrumors newbie

That doesn't offer anything more than I already have. I have asked Epson; what they suggested didn't work. They suggested I get a new scanner. I asked Hamrick. They suggested I try their 64 bit Vuescan. That didn't work. I have given up and ordered a new Canon CanoScan 9000F MKII.

8. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

@exfordy I have always had great luck with Canon in terms of reliability, affordability, and support. I am sure you will be more than satisfied with your new Canon.