Epson Artisan 800 won't print with Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Bill&Rose, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Bill&Rose macrumors member

I have an Epson Artisan 800 printer but I can not get my MacBook Pro to print to it with Bluetooth.

I get the following error:

/Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter/Filter/rastertoescp.app/Contents/MacOS/rastertoescp failed

Any ideas?

2. cube macrumors G5

Hey, how do you like the build?

I'm sorry I can't help you.

3. Bill&Rose thread starter macrumors member

I love the printer, I think it is nicely built, the paper trays are a little on the flimsy side but as long as you treat it normal it should not be a problem.

The rest of the build is fine, I love the display easy to navigate.

4. cube macrumors G5

5. Bill&Rose thread starter macrumors member

No I have not printed a CD, it has a neat CD tray, you push a button and the tray pops down and you slide the CD into the tray and go from there. I don't know if you push the button again or if it continues to load the CD automatically.

Right now the printer is sitting because I need to make it print with bluetooth and I can't get it to work with the OSX operating system on my MAC.

6. skorpien macrumors 68020

Do you have the Epson Network Photo Print Adapter 2? According to Epson's Site under Networking & Connectivity Accessories, it's required to use Bluetooth, and from my experience with the Epson Photo Stylus RX595 and trying to set it up via Bluetooth, the adapter is absolutely required and not just any USB Bluetooth Adapter (dongle) will work.

BTW, you say you have a MacBook Pro right? Assuming you have a WiFi network in your house, why not just use the Artisan 800's WiFi networking instead of Bluetooth? I hear it's much more trouble free than the Bluetooth printing from what I've gleaned online.

7. cube macrumors G5

8. Bill&Rose thread starter macrumors member

I bought the Bluetooth dongle from Epson. I just get the error and it won't print. The computer can find the printer and add it to the printer list, it just won't print.

I wonder if the Epson Bluetooth dongle is defective, I do not see the light when you plug it in. I did get it to print through bluetooth on my bootcamp windows XP. It was slow as all get out, I have never had bluetooth so slow before.

9. skorpien macrumors 68020

I honestly can't be of much help with the Epson Bluetooth Adapter, but two things I would try is to switch it out first if you can or get Epson to help by calling them and seeing if they have a solution.

Again, I stress that you try the WiFi printing if you can, or if you want you can also connect the printer directly to your router with an ethernet cable. Both of these methods would be considerably easier and less hassle than the Bluetooth.