Epson CX5000v Printer, Copier, Scanner

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by 7on, May 16, 2007.

1. 7on macrumors 601

7on

So anyone have any experience with this particular product?

2. jng macrumors 65816

jng

No, but I hate Epsons for the life of me and would never buy one again.

Aside from the fact that they eat ink, the support people are awful. I bought an epson printer once from Staples and it died just over a year later (like a month over).

Technically the print head died. But I didn't know that and neither did the tech support person. It wasn't printing anything, just sucking and spitting out paper. And the tech support person tells me to go out and buy new ink (color + black = approx. $70), which I did. When I came back with new ink and got on the phone with epson, another support person tells me to go buy ink. I'm like: I JUST DID! So he digs a bit deeper and tells me my print head is dead and there's nothing I can do about it except buy a new printer since it's out of warranty. I'm like: WTF?! I just spent $75 on ink because YOU told me to, which is now open and in my dead printer and therefore no longer returnable and they're telling me to spend more money?

They forward me to customer service where someone offers me 10% off a new printer. I say: **** you. I'm buying an HP. The staples people take pity on me when I return a few hours later and let me return the ink to buy a new HP inkjet from them.

Sorry for the rant. But I hate Epson with a passion. If you want an all-in-one, at least get an HP.

3. 7on thread starter macrumors 601

7on

Sorry hate HPs as much as you hate Epsons. :p But there's an $80 canon all in one that I may look into. Forgot the serial though.