Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

msjh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
I'm a new Mac user, having replaced a Windows machine. I've just tried printing some photos from my iMac (with latest OS X fixes) but it comes out very dark on the Epson 750.

Is there an - ideally - easy way to get the printout to match what I see on the screen? :confused: Is there a place I can read up on this?

I did try going to the Epson downloads page but it didn't even list the Photo 750 among Mac drivers, although it did imply that my OS X system might have later drivers than the Epson downloads page, which seemed very strange.

Blah64

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2002
WA
Try GimpPrint

Is there an - ideally - easy way to get the printout to match what I see on the screen? Is there a place I can read up on this?

I did try going to the Epson downloads page but it didn't even list the Photo 750 among Mac drivers, although it did imply that my OS X system might have later drivers than the Epson downloads page, which seemed very strange.​

Take a look at GimpPrint. They have lots of drivers for "unsupported" printers, including the 750.

I used to use an Epson Photo 750 with our Macs, and while it isn't quite up to the quality of new printers (like the Canon i960), it's still should be able to give you some pretty nice photos. And decent text.

The downside is that the Epson print heads tend to clog and you burn ink when you clean them. Newer printers like the i960 don't seem to have the same issue, and you can also replace ink by individual colors. Good luck.

msjh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
My problem seems to be color matching

Thanks for the above information. I've downloaded and installed Gimp-print and got it working. However, my problem seems to be in getting what shows on the screen to match what gets printed out. The printout is a lot darker, especially in shadows.

is there a way for a fairly naive user to get the printout to match the screen. (Although I am a new user, I'm prepared to spend time reading up on how to do this if it is documented somewhere.) :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.