Epson Photo Printer Does Not Print Via Time Capsule

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by VladStepanian, Apr 25, 2009.

1. VladStepanian macrumors newbie

I have MacBook OsX 10.5.6. Had a direct printer connection but recently decided to hook up my Epson R1800 stylus photo printer through TC. I removed the old default printer and added it through System Preferences-> Print and Fax. It is recognized as a Time Capsule Printer, bonjour kind. But when I press print i get for 2 seconds window saying that page is printing but printer queue is empty and nothing happens. It feels almost as if printer is not hooked up. I can not locate this printer on Epson Utility (separate software) either. Does anyone have or had in the past similar problem? Please help.

2. gsahli macrumors 6502a

gsahli

The Epson Utility isn't supported for use through A/Extreme/Time Capsule.

For troubleshooting, you should try using a Gutenprint CUPS driver to Add in Print & Fax. If your R1800 isn't already in the Gutenprint list, update the Gutenprint drivers from:
    http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/MacOSX.php

3. VladStepanian thread starter macrumors newbie

It worked

Thank you very much. I never heard of Gutenprint Cups. It works now. Not sure how to increase the resolution though, it prints out pretty low quality.

4. gsahli macrumors 6502a

gsahli

I don't have that printer to experiment with - does it have several choices in the Copies and Pages "expandable menu?" (in Print Dialog)