Epson Printer Drivers & Operation questions

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by marc55, Nov 10, 2013.

1. marc55 macrumors 6502a

marc55

I'm considering a rMBP and would like to know if my printer/scanner will work with OSX.

I have an Epson Workhorse 845 All In One, and do scanning of documents and pictures on a regular basis with the OCR drivers for my PC.

When I looked on the Epson site, it indicates I have to hook up the 845 to the MBP with a USB to get the drivers.

I'm not too worried about printing as that function should work. My main concern is will the scanner work properly, especially for scanning pictures.

Do any of you guys have any insight as to if I will have problems?

Thank you

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

I don't have an Epson printer, but I do have an Epson duplexing document scanner. When Mavericks was released, there were no drivers available for it. Epson's website instructed users to check back later when drivers would be available. Late last week, I downloaded and installed everything for Mavericks except the ICA driver for Image Capture. As in your case, this requires that the scanner be connected to the computer while the driver is downloaded. I have no yet done this, but I have no reason to expect any problems.