Epson Printer Software Updates......Install or Not?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Vado, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Vado macrumors member

Vado

I have been using my Epson WF-4740 since January very happily. I have just noticed though that I have a load of software updates via the Epson Software updater available.

[​IMG]

I set the printer up using an installer package direct from Epson as no drivers where available via Software Update on the MAS.

My question is should I install these updates or is it simply just bloatware?

2. iMi macrumors 65816

iMi

Most of the software listed looks to be drivers and those should be updated, in my opinion. You could google each one to better understand what it does, but most of them are self explanatory. Keep the drivers. Skill the online guides, the Easy Photo Print, and others that look to be optional.

3. Vado thread starter macrumors member

Vado

Thanks for the advice. I've installed the drivers and left the rest of the bloatware.

Looks like the drivers have added some additional printing options that weren't available before.

4. MIKX macrumors 6502a

MIKX

When I update my Epson ( I live in Japan ) first I download the relevant driver only .. then disconnect from the internet which allows me to install the downloaded driver ( that's all I want ) without Apple's "Auto update" butting in.
    Apple's trying to dumb us down. Less and less choice and control of our machines. I want Steve Jobs back in control.