Epson Printer

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ArmyKnight12, Mar 12, 2008.

1. ArmyKnight12 macrumors 6502

ArmyKnight12

Hello all, I'm trying to install my three year old Epson Stylus CX3200 printer and every time i try, an error occurs and it says "please try installing again". I misplaced the disc and am wondering if there are any ways to install it/make it actually work without having the disc? I hope you can help.

2. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Have you gone to the epson website and tried to see if they have your printer drivers?

3. ArmyKnight12 thread starter macrumors 6502

ArmyKnight12

Yeah. I went there and downloaded it. All I'm actually trying to do is scan pictures using the printer to my computer. I'm having a hard time getting that to work. When the picture loads on the screen, image capture appears and I see the picture. The problem is I am unable to save it to iPhoto. Have any ideas? I also tried importing it using Preview to no avail.

4. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

Good luck. From what I understand many scanning features of "older" multifunction machines are "broken" in leopard. Epson's a good company and they usually keep up with things as far as drivers go. So just make sure you have the latest ones.

I was just able to get my HP Photosmart 7550 to work with Leopard. It's not a multifunction, but also wasn't supported by HP any longer, and there was supposedly no leopard drivers for it. I found Linux ones that work beautifully (better than the HP ones ever did on 10.3 or 10.4 in fact) and best of all they are only 11mb to install...instead of HP's BLOATED 150+ mb install.

I really don't get why companies don't update drivers. It just creates consumer waste because people throw them away and buy new ones, but i guess thats what they really care about, making money off new machines.

5. ArmyKnight12 thread starter macrumors 6502

ArmyKnight12

Although I use Tiger, thanks for the suggestions.