Epson Printers and Lion?

klrobinson999

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2008
Anyone else have an Epson printer? Are we going to have issues with them if we upgrade to Lion? I have a Epson Workforce 840, fairly new, and want to make sure it's compatible before I upgrade the Mac OS. I know Snow Leopard was a headache with HP printers; want to avoid losing use of my all-in-one. Thanks for any info.

Foris

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2009
Artisan 810 no go

I get this error message with my all in one Artisan 810:

/usr/libexec/cups/filter/cgpdftoraster failed

Foris

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2009
Fixed

Yay, restored my Epson Artisan 810 all in one to full functionality with Lion.

The previous error message (/usr/libexec/cups/filter/cgpdftoraster failed) no longer appears... if you google that message, there are a lot of problems but almost no solutions.

I downloaded the Gutenprint uninstaller from Sourceforge, did the uninstall, reset the printing system in system prefs - then added the printer back in. This time it selected the "EPSON Artisan 800 Series" driver rather than the previous 810-specific driver. Everything works from all apps again - including the DVD printing.

vdubbeet

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2012
Hopefully someone will have the answer as Epson

is unfortunately for me, useless at this juncture. I have a 3-4 y/o Epson Artisan 800 series printer which worked extremely well with my former Windoze 7 laptop. Since switching to my MBP 5,1 with OS X 10.8.2, I'm able to print from every application fine but just not in draft, grayscale or both! Everything is wonderful quality. I've downloaded drivers, utilities (to scan, print CD/DVD, etc) and am directly connected via USB. Everything I print is very nice quality but I'm using far too much expensive ink! Anyone have any ideas as to how I can change the actual settings when I print or where I go within OS X to change them? Newbie who is inexperienced with OS X. Thanks in advance!

pink tree

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2008
london
Lost paper settings with Lion / Epson Stylus Photo R2880

I have lost my photo paper settings (print – Print Settings – Media Type). I used to see full range of papers including all the Epson Photo papers but now only Matte/Fine Art/ Plain/ CD/DVD).
I have downloaded the driver again plus the updater and have done the Apple updating thing.
How do I get them back? Help, please!

colodane

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2012
Colorado
I have a 2011 iMac running Lion and installed a wi-fi (AirPrint) Epson Workforce 845 14 months ago. Installation went smoothly and it has been working perfectly since - no issues. I like the combination.