Epson Printers and Lion?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by klrobinson999, Jul 19, 2011.

1. klrobinson999 macrumors 6502

Anyone else have an Epson printer? Are we going to have issues with them if we upgrade to Lion? I have a Epson Workforce 840, fairly new, and want to make sure it's compatible before I upgrade the Mac OS. I know Snow Leopard was a headache with HP printers; want to avoid losing use of my all-in-one. Thanks for any info.

2. andymodem macrumors 6502a

3. Foris macrumors newbie

Artisan 810 no go

I get this error message with my all in one Artisan 810:

/usr/libexec/cups/filter/cgpdftoraster failed

4. Foris macrumors newbie

Fixed

Yay, restored my Epson Artisan 810 all in one to full functionality with Lion.

The previous error message (/usr/libexec/cups/filter/cgpdftoraster failed) no longer appears... if you google that message, there are a lot of problems but almost no solutions.

I downloaded the Gutenprint uninstaller from Sourceforge, did the uninstall, reset the printing system in system prefs - then added the printer back in. This time it selected the "EPSON Artisan 800 Series" driver rather than the previous 810-specific driver. Everything works from all apps again - including the DVD printing.

5. vdubbeet macrumors member

Hopefully someone will have the answer as Epson

is unfortunately for me, useless at this juncture. I have a 3-4 y/o Epson Artisan 800 series printer which worked extremely well with my former Windoze 7 laptop. Since switching to my MBP 5,1 with OS X 10.8.2, I'm able to print from every application fine but just not in draft, grayscale or both! Everything is wonderful quality. I've downloaded drivers, utilities (to scan, print CD/DVD, etc) and am directly connected via USB. Everything I print is very nice quality but I'm using far too much expensive ink! Anyone have any ideas as to how I can change the actual settings when I print or where I go within OS X to change them? Newbie who is inexperienced with OS X. Thanks in advance!

6. Anthony.L macrumors member

I have a Epson Workforce 630 and it works flawlessly under both Lion and Mountain Lion.

7. pink tree macrumors newbie

Lost paper settings with Lion / Epson Stylus Photo R2880

I have lost my photo paper settings (print – Print Settings – Media Type). I used to see full range of papers including all the Epson Photo papers but now only Matte/Fine Art/ Plain/ CD/DVD).
    I have downloaded the driver again plus the updater and have done the Apple updating thing.
    How do I get them back? Help, please!

8. colodane macrumors 6502a

colodane

I have a 2011 iMac running Lion and installed a wi-fi (AirPrint) Epson Workforce 845 14 months ago. Installation went smoothly and it has been working perfectly since - no issues. I like the combination.