Epson PX700W will not scan

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by skunk, Mar 28, 2009.

1. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I have an Epson PX700W multifunction thingy, which prints very well and easily over WiFi, but I cannot get it to scan. Epson Scan can't find the scanner, nor can my PS plug-in. The Epson manual is execrable and completely useless. Does anyone know how to set this thing up so that it works?

2. brendalana macrumors newbie

brendalana

Greetings, skunk...

For what little that it's worth... bearing in mind that I live in a small apartment and I prefer not use WiFi on my 2.66GHz Intel iMac... while my Epson PX700W AiO's auto-duplex fitted printer functioned great... I, too, could not get its scanner to function when connected via my Ethernet router, either... however both printer and scanner function as advertised when directly USB connected to my computer...

brendalana

3. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

Thanks. I'll try that if I have to, but I'm going to try Epson's help line once more, as it's supposed to work wirelessly.

4. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

For your information, having talked to Epson, I now have it working fine. You simply have to open Epson Scan Settings and enter the IP address of the scanner manually, as it doesn't seem to find it by searching. Works a treat, without a cable in sight. :)

5. brendalana macrumors newbie

brendalana

Epson PX700W will not scan

Thanks to your diligence, skunk...

I am happy to report that I now have all my PX700W's advertised features functioning via an Ethernet router connection...

Two heads are better than one, for sure, especially when this Applehead's is seventy-six years old... my mind boggles about some ninety year-old newbie having to get their mind around Epson's boxed instructions...

Have a great day...

Brenda...

6. amacnewbie macrumors newbie

i too have a PX700W and have problems with my scanner. I am probably being really dull, but where are my Epson Scan Settings. I have opened Epson Scan with a USB cable attached, but I can't find where to edit the IP address. Please help.