Epson R1900 vs Canon Pixma 9000 Mark II

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by augiesma, Dec 29, 2010.

1. augiesma macrumors newbie

My Epson R1900 recently developed 2 clogged nozzles. This is only 18 mo old but I guess my problem is that I did not use it often enough. Epson gave the # of a repair location that wants $259 to repair it! I purchased a solution to try to declog it myself but if that doesn't work I need to replace it. Epson offerred me a good price of $259 to replace it, but I'm not sure I want the same headaches with clogged nozzles so I am considering the Canon Pixma 9000 ink jet. Would this be less likely to clog with low usage? Also, with the Epson, it worked with the Airport wireless, but I cannot see the low ink or perform cleaning from my MAC. My only indication of low ink is when it blinks on the printer and I must also run the cleaning procedure (which has not worked even though I ran it about 6x) directly on the printer. Would the Canon work better with the Airport wireless? I called Canon to ask and they said it 'should' work but they don't support it. Is anyone using this setup with the Canon?

2. jcpenn macrumors member

3. augiesma thread starter macrumors newbie

I gave up

When I ran out of another color ink while trying to run the cleaning cycle, I finally got frustrated and gave up. I ordered the Canon Pixma Pro 9000 Mark II. I should have it this weekend and hoping for the best! Thanks anyway!

4. jcpenn macrumors member

I know how frustrated it is. But keep it in mind if you have not tossed your 1900 out of window, try not to run cleaning cycles more than 3 times within an hour or two. It will only make thing worse if you do that. Besides, try the cleaning kit from inkrepublic.com it helps many photographers from disaster.