Epson R200 problem - printing unwanted lines.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jbrown, Oct 29, 2008.

1. jbrown macrumors 6502a

jbrown

My girlfriends Epson R200 has recently developed a problem.

When printing text and or photos - it also prints horizontal lines on the paper about 1/2 inch gaps between them - so basically it looks like lined paper ( but with the lines printed over what she's trying to print).:mad:

I have tried using my computer instead of hers, changing cables, and using different app to print from. I have also turned the printer off, and disconnected the cables. I have run the Epson printer utility to check the nozzles, clean them, and check alignment - all fine but on these tests the printer is still printing it's lines.

These lines are as long as the image or text - ie if the lines of text only contain a few words and each text line is about 3 inches long, then thats how long the printers lines will be.

I don't know too much about these things, but it feels like it needs a reset - but I don't know how to do this.

Can anyone of you good souls help me out - or if not maybe give me a link to a good printer discussion forum that may help.

Thanks all:eek:

2. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

3. jbrown thread starter macrumors 6502a

jbrown

Thanks for the reply -- but the problem seems to be that the printer has in it's mind that it is supposed to print the lines.

4. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

I've had several Epsons, and generally the lines mean one of two things:
    1) Clean the heads six times or more;
    2) the ink has dried in the cartridge, meaning you have to toss it and install a new cartridge.